In 1856 formal schooling began in the ‘old school’ on Chapel Road, Glenavy. In 1937 a new, three classroom school was built on Scroggy Road, Glenavy. Between 1937 and 1968 both schools shared responsibility for the education of local children. In 1968 the school on Scroggy Road was extended to accommodate all children.
With the increase in the population of our community over recent years there was once again a need for a larger school building. Development on our new school site, also on Scroggy Road, was begun in September 2007.
Our new building at Ballymacrickett was completed in November 2008. It is in an outstanding rural location and incorporates exciting facilities and up to date resources to promote the all round development of the children in our community.